Youth Concert Series – San Francisco
Providing a Forum for Youth to Showcase their Talent in Music - Vocal, Instrumental, Solo, and Group!
The Youth Concert program is a monthly event, typically on a Sunday afternoon arranged by the Nandalala Mission volunteers of the San Francisco Bay Area. It provides an encouraging environment where children who have been trained in any form of music or dance can display their accomplishment in front of a live audience.,
Since the concerts are typically held in a home environment, the size of the audience is limited. The program lasts for an hour, and a participant performs for either a whole hour or two half-hour slots each. The performers are expected to do the following:
1. Arrange their own accompanists (contact Nandalala Mission if you need to find one)
2. Prepare a one-hour program
3. Include a biographical talk on any composer for 5 minutes
4. Lead the audience in a Bhajan towards the end of the concert
Music and dance school teachers may write to us at email@example.com to arrange for a scheduled event.
Nandalala Mission volunteers take care of organizing the event, providing the forum, and providing light refreshments after the program. Performers will be awarded a token of appreciation by Nandalala Mission. A number of concerts have been held so far, dating back to 2004.
Since 2016, the Youth Concert Series has extended another opportunity for our youth in order to honor our Founder, Pujya Shri Mathioli Saraswathy, who is an eminent writer whose vision inspires children to become dynamic communicators through their written work. Youth audience members are encouraged to cover the concert through a review. we are heartened to see the enthusiastic response to this project!
- Attend the events and support youth musicians
- Volunteer to setup and run concerts
- Teachers: consider doing a fundraiser for Nandalala Mission!
- Donate to Nandalala Mission!